THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Mitraniketan City Centre is housed in Tanjavoor Ammaveedu which is a heritage building located at West Fort in Thiruvananthapuram city. This building is 167 years old and located in the heritage Zone of the State. The Ammaveedu is often used for traditional art, music and dance performances and also functions as the city office of Mitraniketan.
A plan for the renovation and conservation of the heritage building and its utilization for dance & music performances without affecting its traditional beauty is developed with the help of an experienced architect. Looks for funding its renovation.
Facilities available in Mitraniketan City Centre:
- Seminar Hall – Seating capacity 150 Audio Visual facility Platform with podium
- Mini Hall – Seating capacity 50 Audio facility
- Classroom /Conference Hall- Seating capacity 60 Audio Visual facility
- Dining Hall – seating Capacity 100
- Kitchen – Facility to prepare food for 200 people
- Dormitories (4) 15 x 4 = 60 beds
- Guest Rooms (2) – 7 beds
- Eco Centre – Outlet for Mitraniketan products
- Vadasseri Amma Veedu – A heritage building used for filming, T.V. serials & photo shoots and community & social/cultural functions